Showmodal ERROR: Cannot showmodal a visible...

ERROR: Cannot showmadal a visible form...
Hi all... these days I really think there is a bug in delphi...
Here is my situation:

I did a 6 forms appl... that worked at most fine... except that I
performed an NON DELPHI WAY to activate form an make them visible...
I was always assigning the VISIBLE and ENABLED property of my forms to
make them act like Modal forms...I only need ONE form to execute at a
time while higher forms (those that called active ones) wait for them to
complete...

I got relly fast all mixed up with assigning visible and enabled to true
for the form I want to execute, and to false those I wanted to wait...

My friend told me to try SHOWMODAL... WOoooo What a nice method!!!

BUT! It didn't work for all my forms!
3 of them precisely aren't working at all...

I removed my old assignations for visible, checked my form propertys at
startup... I even used the break program function and Evaluate the
visible and enabled of the forms that doen't work but everything look fine!

I get an exception when performing showmodal for 3 of my forms:
CANNOT SHOWMODAL A VISIBLE COMPONENT...
(Not shure about the exception string, I have Delphi in french :)

But I'm sure they are not visible cause I NEVER put them visible... And
also the Evaluate of the de{*word*81} approves my thaught... (is that english?)

So I challenge everybody, is that a bug?
Thanks in advance...
Vince

\/ | |\| 100   dum...@jsp.umontreal.ca