Automaticaly Faxing reports with MS Fax

Gentle Folk,

I am an absolute beginer to programing, with the exception of some
Microsoft Access Basic.  I have an Access app that queries a Paradox
table, writes a report, and I fax it to a client.

What I would like to do is use Delphi to Automate the whole thing.  I
can write the query, and the report, but am at a loss as how to send the
information to MS Fax w/out user intervention.  Anyone have a hint as to
how I would begin this?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Re:Automaticaly Faxing reports with MS Fax

Chris Millikin <ch...@ultraex.com> wrote:
>Gentle Folk,
>I am an absolute beginer to programing, with the exception of some
>Microsoft Access Basic.  I have an Access app that queries a Paradox
>table, writes a report, and I fax it to a client.
>What I would like to do is use Delphi to Automate the whole thing.  I
>can write the query, and the report, but am at a loss as how to send the
>information to MS Fax w/out user intervention.  Anyone have a hint as to
>how I would begin this?

Never done this, but can't you just print the report as normal but
using the Fax printer driver.

Iain.

------------------------
Iain Magee
iainma...@enterprise.net
------------------------

Re:Automaticaly Faxing reports with MS Fax

In article <5a3rdd$...@news.enterprise.net>, iainma...@enterprise.net (Iain Magee) says:

>Chris Millikin <ch...@ultraex.com> wrote:

>>Gentle Folk,

>>I am an absolute beginer to programing, with the exception of some
>>Microsoft Access Basic.  I have an Access app that queries a Paradox
>>table, writes a report, and I fax it to a client.

>>What I would like to do is use Delphi to Automate the whole thing.  I
>>can write the query, and the report, but am at a loss as how to send the
>>information to MS Fax w/out user intervention.  Anyone have a hint as to
>>how I would begin this?

>Never done this, but can't you just print the report as normal but
>using the Fax printer driver.

>Iain.

>------------------------
>Iain Magee
>iainma...@enterprise.net
>------------------------

Then only solution I came up whit when trying to do a similar thing was
to use MAPI and the function SendMail. (I coud not get around the user
intervention when trying to print to the fax driver.)
You set then adress to '[FAX: 1233455]' and attach the file whitch must
be in a registerd format so that MAPI can print it to the fax driver.

se microsofts web for more info on SendMail.

by
Anders

Re:Automaticaly Faxing reports with MS Fax

On Sat, 28 Dec 1996 19:09:55 GMT, iainma...@enterprise.net (Iain Magee)
wrote:

>Never done this, but can't you just print the report as normal but
>using the Fax printer driver.

NT doesn't have a fax printer driver, but the driver is installed as a
service. The easiest is to ask Microsoft for help.

Happy coding and a merry season

Stefan Paetow
CEO - ellipse data systems

-
=   ellipse data systems wishes you a prosperous new and merry season   =
=          Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/                =
=        Delphi Super Page: http://minnie.iafrica.com/~delphi/          =
=  Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/    =