Using Delphi 3.0 DCU 's in Delphi 2.0

I have both a version of Delphi 2 and Delphi 3 Developers edition.

Now I have a program in Delphi 2 and want to use the graph-component of
version 3.
I DON'T want to migrate the application to Delphi 3 for some reason.

Is this possible and what do I have to do ?

Thanx.

Re:Using Delphi 3.0 DCU 's in Delphi 2.0

If you have the source of your D3 compo, try compiling it in D2. Erase any
dcu that relates to that compo from your D2 compo search path. It might
compile, as long as it doesn't call to any units that are new in D3 (and
didn't exist in D2).

Alain Quesnel

Staf Van den Hooff <Staf.VanDenHo...@Ping.be> wrote in article
<01bc7834$23b79e80$0bed7...@ping.be.ping.be>...

"Staf Van den Hooff" <Staf.VanDenHo...@Ping.be> writes:

>I have both a version of Delphi 2 and Delphi 3 Developers edition.
>Now I have a program in Delphi 2 and want to use the graph-component of
>version 3.
>I DON'T want to migrate the application to Delphi 3 for some reason.
>Is this possible and what do I have to do ?
>Thanx.

Ambitious, aren't you?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is yes, sort of. You can create a wrapper DLL for it that
creates it and manages it, but unless you'd be happy with it having it's own
form (done in D3 code), it would extremely difficult. Possible perhaps, but
still difficult.

Basically, you'd create a DLL which would show the form with the graph when
called, and then destroy itself (say in response to the DLL_DETACH_PROCESS.

--
Paul Gilbert           | p...@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au
Bach App Sci, Bach Eng | The opinions expressed are my own, all my own, and

Other Threads