Simulating submenu item click

I have a form with a TMainMenu on it. This menu contains various
submenus. My problem is this: How is it possible to lead the user
directly to a certain submenu-item in this menu structure ? That is,
is it possible to write code which simulates the user having selected
a certain submenu ?
I might e.g. have an EXTRAS menu item in my main menu, under which
there is OPTIONS menu item (which is a submenu). What code will
simulate the user having selected EXTRAS, then OPTIONS ??

Thanks for your help

Thomas

(101615.1...@compuserve.com)

Re:Simulating submenu item click

Thomas Marti wrote:

> I have a form with a TMainMenu on it. This menu contains various
> submenus. My problem is this: How is it possible to lead the user
> directly to a certain submenu-item in this menu structure ? That is,
> is it possible to write code which simulates the user having selected
> a certain submenu ?
> I might e.g. have an EXTRAS menu item in my main menu, under which
> there is OPTIONS menu item (which is a submenu). What code will
> simulate the user having selected EXTRAS, then OPTIONS ??

> Thanks for your help

> Thomas

> (101615.1...@compuserve.com)

Your menu items should have event handling procedures associated with them.
These are simply form procedures like any other and can be called directly.  The
parameters for menu event procedures should be self explanatory.

--
Jolyon Smith                         |  The views represented above are my own
Application Development Consultant   |  and do not necessarily represent the

m...@spectraweb.ch (Thomas Marti) wrote:
>I have a form with a TMainMenu on it. This menu contains various
>submenus. My problem is this: How is it possible to lead the user
>directly to a certain submenu-item in this menu structure ? That is,
>is it possible to write code which simulates the user having selected
>a certain submenu ?
>I might e.g. have an EXTRAS menu item in my main menu, under which
>there is OPTIONS menu item (which is a submenu). What code will
>simulate the user having selected EXTRAS, then OPTIONS ??

OPTIONS.Click;
Thomas Paul
TOMG...@Pipeline.Com
Dean Witter, Discover & Co.