ADOExpress vs. MIDAS for briefcase model

I am using Delphi 5 Enterprise and am designing a project that will use the
briefcase model when disconnected and will update SQL Server when connected.

I have used MIDAS in the past for such applications. However, if I use
ADOExpress, it appears that MIDAS is unnecessary as ADOExpress provides the
same functionality (indexes, sorting, savetofile, filtering, etc.) as MIDAS
for the briefcase model.

Is there a good reason to use both in a two-tier setup such as this? That
is, does using MIDAS provide some additional benefit or functionality that
ADOExpress will not?

Thanks.