TBatchMove from Access to MS SQL Server

I am trying to use the TBatchMove in an batAppendUpdate mode to move
information in a client table (Access) to a remote server table (SQL
Server).  My SQL Server table has a unique cluster index (a combination
of three columns).

When I try to execute the Batch Move, I get a error message stating that
the destination table does not have an index.  I have tried this in
Delphi 3 and Delphi 4.  I have tried going through ODBC and using the
MSSQL driver that comes with the Enterprise edition.

Can someone tell me how to make this work.

TIA
Daryl Cammack

E-mail reply to daryl.camm...@woolpert.com is appreciated.

Re:TBatchMove from Access to MS SQL Server

Nevermind - I can only get it to work for Append - not update nor
AppendUpdate

Re:TBatchMove from Access to MS SQL Server

I've got it - you have to specify the index field names for the table.  Just
specifying the index name doesn't do it.
Daryl Cammack wrote in message <35E2B30B.943B9...@woolpert.com>...
>I am trying to use the TBatchMove in an batAppendUpdate mode to move
>information in a client table (Access) to a remote server table (SQL
>Server).  My SQL Server table has a unique cluster index (a combination
>of three columns).

>When I try to execute the Batch Move, I get a error message stating that
>the destination table does not have an index.  I have tried this in
>Delphi 3 and Delphi 4.  I have tried going through ODBC and using the
>MSSQL driver that comes with the Enterprise edition.

>Can someone tell me how to make this work.

>TIA
>Daryl Cammack

>E-mail reply to daryl.camm...@woolpert.com is appreciated.

Other Threads