Create Excel file without Excel Apps. installed

Is it possible to create excel.xls in delphi without MSExcel program
installed. Just like createing MSAccess.mdb by importing ADOX_TLB etc...
TExcelApplication does require Excel apps. install local or remote, which I
don't want this.
I just need to export my DBGrid to simple spreadsheet by creating .xls file.
Where can I get some examples or references how to export DBGrid to
"Spreadsheet" without Excel installed on my machine?

TIA

Hott.

Re:Create Excel file without Excel Apps. installed

> Is it possible to create excel.xls in delphi without MSExcel program
> installed. Just like createing MSAccess.mdb by importing ADOX_TLB etc...
> TExcelApplication does require Excel apps. install local or remote, which
> don't want this.

- Create an CSV - File
- Search in Google (I remeber in german delphe newsgroup there has been an
example)
- http://www.axolot.com/components/xlsreadwrite.htm

Regards

Nicolas