Interbase 6 and windows 95 C

Hello

Does anyone have a funktionally interbase 6 connection
with BDE and a delphi program with windows 95 C client?

Is it supported and does it works? It gives us the error
10047.

Anyone ?

/Martin

Re:Interbase 6 and windows 95 C

I could quess that it is network error.
You could update your winsock in win95. it must be pretty old one.

look the error description in MSDN.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wins...

--
Jarkko Soikkeli
Partner

Re:Interbase 6 and windows 95 C

Thanks!

Do u even know how to update the socket for Win 95 ?

/Martin

"Jarkko Soikkeli" <jarkko.soikk...@smninformation.com> wrote in message

> I could quess that it is network error.
> You could update your winsock in win95. it must be pretty old one.

> look the error description in MSDN.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wins...
sock/windows_sockets_error_codes_2.asp

> Martin wrote:
> > Hello

> > Does anyone have a funktionally interbase 6 connection
> > with BDE and a delphi program with windows 95 C client?

> > Is it supported and does it works? It gives us the error
> > 10047.

> > Anyone ?

> > /Martin

> --
> Jarkko Soikkeli
> Partner
> Matkapuhelin +358 (0)40 596 5454
> SMN Information Oy
> Kivipelto 4 a 1, 40520 Jyv?skyl?, FINLAND
> Kotipaikka Jyv?skyl?, Y-tunnus 0907108-3
> E-mail jarkko.soikk...@smninformation.com, http://www.smninformation.fi

Re:Interbase 6 and windows 95 C

Of course the NT world is better, we use nt4 sp6, win2000 and xp without
this problem, but this is a customer with Windows 95 platform.

Big thanks for your help.

> I think you should change you operating system to NT.

> but
> There is the link to M$ pages, but read the whole web page.
> http://www.sockets.com/winsock2.htm#NetSites

> Martin wrote:
> > Thanks!

> > Do u even know how to update the socket for Win 95 ?

> > /Martin

> > "Jarkko Soikkeli" <jarkko.soikk...@smninformation.com> wrote in message

> >>I could quess that it is network error.
> >>You could update your winsock in win95. it must be pretty old one.

> >>look the error description in MSDN.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wins...

> > sock/windows_sockets_error_codes_2.asp

> >>--
> >>Jarkko Soikkeli
> >>Partner
> >>__________________________________________________________________
> >>Matkapuhelin +358 (0)40 596 5454
> >>SMN Information Oy
> >>Kivipelto 4 a 1, 40520 Jyv?skyl?, FINLAND
> >>Kotipaikka Jyv?skyl?, Y-tunnus 0907108-3
> >>E-mail jarkko.soikk...@smninformation.com, http://www.smninformation.fi

> --
> Jarkko Soikkeli
> Partner
> Matkapuhelin +358 (0)40 596 5454
> SMN Information Oy
> Kivipelto 4 a 1, 40520 Jyv?skyl?, FINLAND
> Kotipaikka Jyv?skyl?, Y-tunnus 0907108-3
> E-mail jarkko.soikk...@smninformation.com, http://www.smninformation.fi

Other Threads