Problem with Delphi 4.0, Access 97, transactions and identity fields

I'm having a problem with an Access 97 Database and Delphi 4.0. I'm
working with transactions to enter an invoice, so the user can cancel
his work at any time. But may be that he needs a new costumer while he
is typing the invoice, so he has a button to do it. When I was working
with a DB without many records it works but when the table of customers
has three thousand records I can't find the identity value of the new
customer until I've closed the transaction. Does anybody know how I can
get the identity value before the transaction is closed?
Thank you very much

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.