POP3 and Pascal

Does anybody know how can I read e-mail form Pascal program (TP7 DOS).
I think that the best idea is to call some program from command prompt, but
I have some problem to find  one. This program should be able to read e-mail
from POP3 server which is running under Win 9x
Maybe somebody resolve such problem, and can write a few words.

Best Regard
Jarek Glab

Re:POP3 and Pascal

do you want to read the mail file ('inbox') like a text file or like in
a mail reader does?
Jarek G. wrote:

> Does anybody know how can I read e-mail form Pascal program (TP7 DOS).
> I think that the best idea is to call some program from command prompt, but
> I have some problem to find  one. This program should be able to read e-mail
> from POP3 server which is running under Win 9x
> Maybe somebody resolve such problem, and can write a few words.

> Best Regard
> Jarek Glab

Re:POP3 and Pascal

dont you have an email program? outlook, eudora, netscape etc?
i cant see why you cant use that :o(
craig
Jarek G. <jar...@gronet.pl> wrote in message

> Does anybody know how can I read e-mail form Pascal program (TP7 DOS).
> I think that the best idea is to call some program from command prompt,
but
> I have some problem to find  one. This program should be able to read
e-mail
> from POP3 server which is running under Win 9x
> Maybe somebody resolve such problem, and can write a few words.

> Best Regard
> Jarek Glab

Re:POP3 and Pascal

Jarek

E-Mail on a DOS machine - even an old 8088 - is fast, reliable and
effective. You may like to look at a "HowTo" on  my web site
(http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~glover/).

It uses Pegasus Mail and a few other bits of  free software. It
doesn't use Pascal, but the hardest part is setting up a dialler,
packet driver and TCP/IP stack in DOS.

Michael Glover -  glo...@globalnet.co.xx
--
(Surrey, UK. http://www.users.globalnet.co.xx/~glover/ )
(Please change "xx" to "uk" to reply/access web site)

Other Threads