Small icons in Delphi 1

I'm interested in producing 16 bit applications that do as well
as they can in the 32-bit world. One issue is creating small
icons -- how do I?

Are there other things I can do as well?

Thanks - John

Re:Small icons in Delphi 1

In article <31652B9E.5...@pilot.msu.edu>,
   "John E. Bell" <johnb...@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

>I'm interested in producing 16 bit applications that do as well
>as they can in the 32-bit world. One issue is creating small
>icons -- how do I?

>Are there other things I can do as well?

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the small icons, you shouldn't have to do anything.
That is handled by Win95, all 16 bit apps I've seen behave properly in that respect.  The
biggest thing you can do to help you apps adapt is to be sure to use only 'standard' dialog
boxes (such as MessageDlg), etc.  These will automatically adapt to the Win95 look and feel.

David S. Becker  <br>
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)  <br>
(503) 402-3236

Re:Small icons in Delphi 1

In article <4k3m0g$...@myst.plaza.ds.adp.com>, "David S. Becker"
<d...@plaza.ds.adp.com> writes

>In article <31652B9E.5...@pilot.msu.edu>,
>   "John E. Bell" <johnb...@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:
>>I'm interested in producing 16 bit applications that do as well
>>as they can in the 32-bit world. One issue is creating small
>>icons -- how do I?

>>Are there other things I can do as well?

>I'm not quite sure what you mean about the small icons, you shouldn't have to do
>anything.
>That is handled by Win95, all 16 bit apps I've seen behave properly in that
>respect.  The
>biggest thing you can do to help you apps adapt is to be sure to use only
>'standard' dialog
>boxes (such as MessageDlg), etc.  These will automatically adapt to the Win95
>look and feel.

Have a look at WM_SetIcon. This is needed to change Icon (especially if
you want to do things like flashing icons) in win95. I haven't found any
way of registering a 16*16 icon in a 16 bit app so that it gets used.
Win95 does a stretchblt on the 32*32 icon in order to create a 16*16 on
the fly. My guess is that this is hard coded in the win95 "what to do
about 16 bit programs" code.

| <Julian Bond> jul...@shockwav.demon.co.uk                PGPKey@MIT |
| Quetzal & Q-Support, Help Desk and Inventory Management for Windows |
|                 "So many words, So little time"                     |