please help with HEX data

I am using Delphi 4 with Winshoes 7.037B.  I am trying to format a TCP/IP
data stream with the following framing.  How do I send the hex data and text
data combined, Ive tried sendstream but get errors when freeing the
memorystream.

Message format.....

hex FF00AA55   identifies start of message
length                  length of message including start and end
identifiers
text data
hex 55AA00FF
thanks in advance for any help.
b...@hiwaay.net

Re:please help with HEX data

b...@mindspring.com (Bryan Lipham) wrote in <8o62kj$8am11
@bornews.borland.com>:

>Message format.....

>hex FF00AA55   identifies start of message
>length                  length of message including start and end
>identifiers
>text data
>hex 55AA00FF

You can assemble the headers and footers into a string and send it using
Write.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Nevrona Designs / Team Winshoes
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem. (I suggest Linux)

Other Threads