Vshield trouble D1, Scan 3.1.2, EMM386 Exception...

On customers request we have to build an app for Win3.11. The System
exits out of dos with an EMM386 Exception and the machine is halted.

- config 3.11, McAfee Scan and the resident VShield, v3.1.2, D1 C/S, BDE
2.52
- during test runs within IDE the system frequently exits out of delphi,
windows and dos due to an exception in EMM386. The system is halted. In
about 8 of 10 runs the system crashes.

However, after disabling VShield the system behaves normal and stable.

Can anyone confirm that behaving or provide any helpful suggestions.

Kind Regards
Max

--

=======================
MBS Software Co., Ltd.

Re:Vshield trouble D1, Scan 3.1.2, EMM386 Exception...

I've run D1 on Win 3.1 with Mcafee and never had that issue.

Check to make sure the Mcafee engine is the most recent ( I believe 3.0+).

Run a full Scandisk with surface scan and defrag.

Also The EMM386 file may be corrupt

Thats about all I can Think of......

M.-Ph. Blickenstorfer wrote:
> On customers request we have to build an app for Win3.11. The System
> exits out of dos with an EMM386 Exception and the machine is halted.

> - config 3.11, McAfee Scan and the resident VShield, v3.1.2, D1 C/S, BDE
> 2.52
> - during test runs within IDE the system frequently exits out of delphi,
> windows and dos due to an exception in EMM386. The system is halted. In
> about 8 of 10 runs the system crashes.

> However, after disabling VShield the system behaves normal and stable.

> Can anyone confirm that behaving or provide any helpful suggestions.

> Kind Regards
> Max

> --

> MBS Software Co., Ltd.