Application.OnMessage

How can I capture messages in a COM object like I can with
Application.OnMessage - in particular I'm looking to capture the WM_KEYDOWN.

TIA,

Shawn M. Reed

Re:Application.OnMessage

Not sure what you mean here?!
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.
Shawn M. Reed wrote in message <7560c2$o...@forums.borland.com>...
>How can I capture messages in a COM object like I can with
>Application.OnMessage - in particular I'm looking to capture the
WM_KEYDOWN.

>TIA,

>Shawn M. Reed

Re:Application.OnMessage

Shawn,
The com-objects have no message loop so there is no direct way to capture
any messages by them. If you object is an ActiveX form then the form's
WndProc will receive messages, not the object itself. As for WM_KEYDOWN then
read the following:
"The WM_KEYDOWN message is posted to the window with the keyboard focus when
a nonsystem key is pressed" - it is a string from help file. So to capture
this message you can use (1) this window itself (in the case it is your own
window) or (2) Windows Hook's functions. See the SetWindowsHookEx for
example.

--
Alexey A. Dynnikov <al...@chat.ru>
http://www.chat.ru/~aldyn

Shawn M. Reed wrote in message <7560c2$o...@forums.borland.com>...
>How can I capture messages in a COM object like I can with
>Application.OnMessage - in particular I'm looking to capture the

WM_KEYDOWN.

Other Threads