I thought this couldn't happen...

...But it did on a IB 6 CS server on a Cobalt RAQ: 'Internal gds software
inconsistancy check (wrong record length (183))'.
I was able to locate the the table in trouble, drop and re-create it and now
it is running fine again, but for how long?
Are there known bugs and patches, or what can I do to prevent this from EVER
happening again?

Any help welcome...

Hans

Re:I thought this couldn't happen...

Hans Zorn wrote:

> Are there known bugs and patches, or what can I do to prevent this from EVER
> happening again?

        Set Forced Writes on.

        Ensure that no DB file ever exceeds 2 GB (use a multi-file DB for
larger database).

        Ensure that all clients use exactly the same connect string.

        HTH,

        -Craig

Re:I thought this couldn't happen...

Thanks- having read the documentation on Forced writes (disabled by default
on Linux) I am convinced this can be a clue. I'm only waiting for a
confession from the system administrator that a problem has occurred during
the last 24 hours.

The database is still only 2 megs in size, so that can not be a problem.

Hans

>Hans Zorn wrote:

>> Are there known bugs and patches, or what can I do to prevent this from
EVER
>> happening again?
>Set Forced Writes on.
>Ensure that no DB file ever exceeds 2 GB (use a multi-file DB for
>larger database).
>Ensure that all clients use exactly the same connect string.

HTH,

-Craig

Re:I thought this couldn't happen...

2 Gb is the Linux limit.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Re:I thought this couldn't happen...

You could also think of installing newer version of IB, I belive you've
got 6.0.0.527, the first open source release bilt on July 2000
Hans Zorn wrote:
> ....But it did on a IB 6 CS server on a Cobalt RAQ: 'Internal gds software
> inconsistancy check (wrong record length (183))'.
> I was able to locate the the table in trouble, drop and re-create it and now
> it is running fine again, but for how long?
> Are there known bugs and patches, or what can I do to prevent this from EVER
> happening again?

> Any help welcome...

> Hans

Other Threads