BDE error $2B05 on Win NT 4.0 server in an CGI application

Hi everybody,

I need some help.

I wrote a CGI program for using on Windows NT 4.0 server SP5. After starting
the CGI application from a html link I get a BDE initialization error $2B05.
Another CGI program, which also use the BDE works fine. I used Delphi 5 for
writing the CGI application. On the NT server is BDE 5.01 installed.

At the moment I only know, that the error $2B05 means, that access to a
registry key or a file is denied by NT. I tried to monitor failed access to
failed BDE registry key accesses and failed BDE files accesses. There was no
problem monitored. For which user I need which access rights in to registry
keys and files for a CGI application? Does anybody know, what could be the
reason for this error or what I can do to use the new CGI program? Why does
one CGI application which uses the BDE work fine an another fail with BDE
initialization?

Matthias

Re:BDE error $2B05 on Win NT 4.0 server in an CGI application

why don't you look for borland homepage ?
i'm finding following contents at borland homepage

Terminal Server appears to create a temp folder for
each user including appropriate rights.
If the server is not brought down properly then the
temp dir is not deleted and a subsequent user that
logs in may be assigned an existing temp dir with
someone elses rights.

A possible solution would be to delete all files and
temp directories in the temp directory when the NT
server boots up each time.

"Matthias M?ler" <newsgr...@angerstein-orga.com> wrote in message

> Hi everybody,

> I need some help.

> I wrote a CGI program for using on Windows NT 4.0 server SP5. After
starting
> the CGI application from a html link I get a BDE initialization error
$2B05.
> Another CGI program, which also use the BDE works fine. I used Delphi 5
for
> writing the CGI application. On the NT server is BDE 5.01 installed.

> At the moment I only know, that the error $2B05 means, that access to a
> registry key or a file is denied by NT. I tried to monitor failed access
> failed BDE registry key accesses and failed BDE files accesses. There was
no
> problem monitored. For which user I need which access rights in to
registry
> keys and files for a CGI application? Does anybody know, what could be the
> reason for this error or what I can do to use the new CGI program? Why
does
> one CGI application which uses the BDE work fine an another fail with BDE
> initialization?

> Matthias

Re:BDE error $2B05 on Win NT 4.0 server in an CGI application

Thank you for your idea.

I have just found, that the CGI application tries to create a file
INMEM000.REM in the WINNT directory. But the internet user has no access
rights in this directory. So I have to check, if the TEMP environment
variable is set correct and if not I set the TEMP environment variable and
then set the nefiledir and privatedir property of the used session object to
the TEMP directory.

Then everything works correct!

Matthias.

SukYeon Cho <sy...@daou.co.kr> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
888g4s$hi...@bornews.borland.com...

> why don't you look for borland homepage ?
> i'm finding following contents at borland homepage

> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,19727,00.html

> Terminal Server appears to create a temp folder for
> each user including appropriate rights.
> If the server is not brought down properly then the
> temp dir is not deleted and a subsequent user that
> logs in may be assigned an existing temp dir with
> someone elses rights.

> A possible solution would be to delete all files and
> temp directories in the temp directory when the NT
> server boots up each time.

> "Matthias M?ler" <newsgr...@angerstein-orga.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everybody,

> > I need some help.

> > I wrote a CGI program for using on Windows NT 4.0 server SP5. After
> starting
> > the CGI application from a html link I get a BDE initialization error
> $2B05.
> > Another CGI program, which also use the BDE works fine. I used Delphi 5
> for
> > writing the CGI application. On the NT server is BDE 5.01 installed.

> > At the moment I only know, that the error $2B05 means, that access to a
> > registry key or a file is denied by NT. I tried to monitor failed access
> > failed BDE registry key accesses and failed BDE files accesses. There
was
> no
> > problem monitored. For which user I need which access rights in to
> registry
> > keys and files for a CGI application? Does anybody know, what could be
the
> > reason for this error or what I can do to use the new CGI program? Why
> does
> > one CGI application which uses the BDE work fine an another fail with
BDE
> > initialization?

> > Matthias

Other Threads