Max Size For Pdx Files?

What is the maximum size for each file when using delphi 2 and native
paradox database?

Re:Max Size For Pdx Files?

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:13:29 GMT, s_mil...@efn.org (Millerman) wrote:
>What is the maximum size for each file when using delphi 2 and native
>paradox database?

If by "file" you mean "database", then the max size of a Paradox data
base is 2 billion records.  However, this is somewhat misleading, for
it is assuming that each record consists of only one byte.  So for
larger-sized records, the max size will decrease accordingly. (How-
ever, it's not a straight linear decrease, and there are some tricks
that you can play by increasing the Block Size of the database
in the BDE Administrator to increase the total number of records
that the database can hold).

   This is true of Paradox databases with both Delphi 2 and 3.

Re:Max Size For Pdx Files?

I am not sure what you mean by, "for each file".  The maximum size of
the .DB file is 64k blocks.  The default block size is 2k or the
smallest size that will hold three records, whichever is greater.  You
can change the minimum block size from 2k to a larger value in the BDE
Administrator. Valid values are 2,4,8,16 and 32k.  With a 32k block
size the .DB file can hold 2 gigabytes.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.)
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Other Threads