I can't access ms access

Hi,
I developped programs with Visual Basic. I bought Delphi 3.0 Standard. With
this program I can create the same applications as in VB with the advantige
(and the reason why I bought it) of creating stand-alone applications
without library and custom control stuff.
I spent several hours understanding the BDE and trying to manipulate a MS
Access database. I am stuck.

Who can give me a hint?

Or send me a example?

Thanx
Hans

Re:I can't access ms access

Hans,

To use any version of Access database, and without needing to use ODBC, it
is best to upgrade Delphi to the latest version : CD current version is
3.01, the download and apply the 3.02 patch, then download and install the
latest BDE (4.51), downloadable from Borland's server (it is 10 Megs big, so
be patient).
With all this brand new stuff, you can use any Access db (2, 95, 87) the
same way you work with Paradox tables. And the Access access is native, as
Paradox one.

Hope this will help

Regards
Eric

Hans a crit dans le message <6800t7$l...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hi,
>I developped programs with Visual Basic. I bought Delphi 3.0 Standard. With
>this program I can create the same applications as in VB with the advantige
>(and the reason why I bought it) of creating stand-alone applications
>without library and custom control stuff.
>I spent several hours understanding the BDE and trying to manipulate a MS
>Access database. I am stuck.

>Who can give me a hint?

>Or send me a example?

>Thanx
>Hans

Re:I can't access ms access

>I developped programs with Visual Basic. I bought Delphi 3.0 Standard. With
>this program I can create the same applications as in VB with the advantige
>(and the reason why I bought it) of creating stand-alone applications
>without library and custom control stuff.
>I spent several hours understanding the BDE and trying to manipulate a MS
>Access database. I am stuck.

The BDE native Access driver is not included in the Standard addition
so you would have to be using ODBC to access Access databases.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:I can't access ms access

I thought, on the contrary, native Access driver is included with Standard
version, but you can't use ODBC with it.

To the original author: you have to be more specific on the problem.

Serge.

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote in message

<34a57061.36044...@forums.borland.com>...

>>I developped programs with Visual Basic. I bought Delphi 3.0 Standard.
With
>>this program I can create the same applications as in VB with the
advantige
>>(and the reason why I bought it) of creating stand-alone applications
>>without library and custom control stuff.
>>I spent several hours understanding the BDE and trying to manipulate a MS
>>Access database. I am stuck.

>The BDE native Access driver is not included in the Standard addition
>so you would have to be using ODBC to access Access databases.

>--
>Brian Bushay (TeamB)
>Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:I can't access ms access

>I thought, on the contrary, native Access driver is included with Standard
>version,

That is what I have in my notes although I have never seen a copy of
standard on a computer.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com