Creating file links (shortcuts) in Delphi

I am trying to create a file link (shortcut) with Delphi 2.0
under Win95/WinNT.
In other words, I want to have two references (in different
directories) to the same physical file.

I've looked through the Win32 reference, but no easy answers there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Bas Pluim.

Re:Creating file links (shortcuts) in Delphi

>I am trying to create a file link (shortcut) with Delphi 2.0
>under Win95/WinNT.
>In other words, I want to have two references (in different
>directories) to the same physical file.

        VBPJ had an article a month or two ago on how to do this.

_
NOTE: This software is currently in early alpha. If you notice any
problems, or RFC non-compliance, please report it to p...@pobox.com
-Please do not report duplicates, as this is usually a manual resend
-Still working on the references problem......It WILL get fixed
|Chad Z. Hower  -  phoe...@pobox.com                         |
|Phoenix Business Enterprises - p...@pobox.com - www.pbe.com  |
|Physically in Church Hill, TN - Logically Not Sure          |

>>SQUID - The ultimate 95/NT offline databasing reader

**Special Compile: 3.000A (Alpha)

Re:Creating file links (shortcuts) in Delphi

Shortcuts are a Windows 95 feature, they are not implemented in Windows NT
3.51. However, the following book describes shortcuts as well as many
other Windows 95 features:

Programmer's Guide to Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Press
ISBN 1-55615-834-4

On mardi, 7. mai 1996, J S Pluim wrote...

> I am trying to create a file link (shortcut) with Delphi 2.0
> under Win95/WinNT.
> In other words, I want to have two references (in different
> directories) to the same physical file.

> I've looked through the Win32 reference, but no easy answers there.

> Does anyone have any ideas?

> Thanks,

> Bas Pluim.

Other Threads