Handling units that may or may not be there

I have written an exception handler component that, among other things,
reports on datasets, databases, providers and remoteservers in the
application.  It is working very nicely as far as the client is concerned
but I would like to make it available to others.  My goal is to make it
32bit compatible.  The component reports on all dataset types so, as is, it
will not compile in Delphi 2 or non-client server versions of Delphi 3 and
4.  Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to leave the ability to report
on three tier datasets and their ilk (client datasets, MIDASConnection, et
al), while still working in these other versions of Delphi?

Many thanks.

  - Dan
  11/11/98 10:45:31 AM