Newbie ADO questions

I'm just doing my first ADO app. in delphi and have a couple of questions.
Having done plenty of BDE apps, I'm trying to find the equivalent ADO
operations for a couple of things. Firstly the OnUpdateRecord event of
queries. The closest seems to be AfterPost, but I want an event that's
only triggered when applying to the database (using LockType of
ltBatchOptimistic
for transaction control) like OnUpdateRecord is for bde apps.

The second question is what is the equivalent of UpdatesPending method
in ADO ? I can see the methods for a particular record, but how do you
see if there are any unapplied changes to a dataset in ADO and not just
the current row ?

Thanks,
Andr

Re:Newbie ADO questions

>The second question is what is the equivalent of UpdatesPending method
>in ADO ? I can see the methods for a particular record, but how do you
>see if there are any unapplied changes to a dataset in ADO and not just
>the current row ?

You can set the FilterGroup property to fgPendingRecords
This will show only records that have there updates Pending
You can do this on a cloned cursor if you don't want to loose
your current record.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com