mts com+ transactions work with ApplyUpdates(0) but not with ApplyUpdates(-1)

It appears that MTS or COM+ rollsback changes without an reconcile error for
ApplyUpdates(-1) at the client, while ApplyUpdate(0) does work like
expected.

I use a Midas TMTSDataModule with TAdoQuery or TAdoDataSet and a
TDataSetProvider with OleDB connection to SQL Server 7 or 2000. The
transaction setting is set to 'Requires a transaction'.

I could not find anywhere documentation about this strange behaviour.

I have posted a similar message to the Midas newsgroup, but there was no
response. I hope there will be someone that knows more about this issue when
I am back next week from snowboarding.

Martijn Houtman

Re:mts com+ transactions work with ApplyUpdates(0) but not with ApplyUpdates(-1)

I solved the mistery. It is a Midas bug. See the thread 'MTS transactions do
not work with ApplyUpdates(-1)' in the Midas group.

Martijn Houtman

"Martijn Houtman" <m.hout...@hccnet.nl> wrote in message

> It appears that MTS or COM+ rollsback changes without an reconcile error
for
> ApplyUpdates(-1) at the client, while ApplyUpdate(0) does work like
> expected.

> I use a Midas TMTSDataModule with TAdoQuery or TAdoDataSet and a
> TDataSetProvider with OleDB connection to SQL Server 7 or 2000. The
> transaction setting is set to 'Requires a transaction'.

> I could not find anywhere documentation about this strange behaviour.

> I have posted a similar message to the Midas newsgroup, but there was no
> response. I hope there will be someone that knows more about this issue
when
> I am back next week from snowboarding.

> Martijn Houtman

Other Threads