machine hardware information

Where can I find information on how to retrieve hardware information
for an individual machine, such as MicroSoft's MSD.EXE program does?
I would like to be able to determine specific information such as
exact video type, not just whether it's VGA or Monochrome or whatever.

Brent Herring
Systems Analyst
University of Central Arkansas
bre...@cc1.uca.edu

Re:machine hardware information

In article <41fnf4$...@aix1.uca.edu>, Brent Herring <bre...@cc1.uca.edu> says:

>Where can I find information on how to retrieve hardware information
>for an individual machine, such as MicroSoft's MSD.EXE program does?
>I would like to be able to determine specific information such as
>exact video type, not just whether it's VGA or Monochrome or whatever.

Look for a file called IFPS158.ZIP.  It is source code to
a program called INFOPLUS which gives all sorts of system level
information (CMOS, serial, parallel, disk, video, etc).  Full
Turbo/Borland Pascal source is included.

Mike McWhinney
Elja, Inc.

Other Threads