Board index » delphi » D4 SP2 Install error NTWorkstation

D4 SP2 Install error NTWorkstation

I am trying to install the D4 SP2 update on an NT machine.  I get the
following error  assertion failed
(Result==ERROR_SUCCESS)||(IRESULT==ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND),file
"..\win32src\DBKCOM.cpp line 421. Then I get a msgbox _INS5176._MP Abnormal
termination.

I am trying to move to a new machine.  The installation works fine on the
old one???

 

Re:D4 SP2 Install error NTWorkstation


Christine,

My notes below are prefaced by "==>".

Quote
Christine McIntyre wrote:
> I am trying to install the D4 SP2 update on an NT machine.

==>Please specify the following:
1. edition - Standard, Client/Server, or Professional
2. how you are running the patch - a CD, or a download

Quote
> I get the
> following error  assertion failed
> (Result==ERROR_SUCCESS)||(IRESULT==ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND),file
> "..\win32src\DBKCOM.cpp line 421. Then I get a msgbox _INS5176._MP Abnormal
> termination.

==> Was Delphi 3 on that system already?

Quote
> I am trying to move to a new machine.  The installation works fine on the
> old one???

------------------------
Meilin
Delphi Developer Support
www.borland.com
(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:D4 SP2 Install error NTWorkstation


I got the same Problem. My setup is NT 4.0 SP3, Delphi 4.0 Professional (german),
got the download (d4upd2.exe for german) from the ftp-site (today). Perhaps
delphi 2.0 has been on the system but was uninstalled before Installation of
Delphi 4.0. Any Help would be appreciated.

TIA, Rainer

Meilin (Delphi Developer Support) schrieb:

Quote
> Christine,

> My notes below are prefaced by "==>".
> Christine McIntyre wrote:

> > I am trying to install the D4 SP2 update on an NT machine.

> ==>Please specify the following:
> 1. edition - Standard, Client/Server, or Professional
> 2. how you are running the patch - a CD, or a download

> > I get the
> > following error  assertion failed
> > (Result==ERROR_SUCCESS)||(IRESULT==ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND),file
> > "..\win32src\DBKCOM.cpp line 421. Then I get a msgbox _INS5176._MP Abnormal
> > termination.

> ==> Was Delphi 3 on that system already?

> > I am trying to move to a new machine.  The installation works fine on the
> > old one???

> ------------------------
> Meilin
> Delphi Developer Support
> www.borland.com
> (I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

--
Netsoft - Rainer Schumann
My PGP-Key is available from pgpkeys.mit.edu

Re:D4 SP2 Install error NTWorkstation


Christine, Rainer:

It has to do with the following OCX's:

HTML.OCX
HTTPCT.OCX
NNTPCT.OCX
POPCT.OCX
SMTPCT.OCX
WINSCK.OCX
FTPCT.OCX

Unregister each of them using tregsvr. (Example: tregsvr -u html.ocx)

Unistall Delphi 4.0, and reinstall.

See
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI1279D.html
for more information.

Quote
Rainer Schumann wrote:
> I got the same Problem. My setup is NT 4.0 SP3, Delphi 4.0 Professional (german),
> got the download (d4upd2.exe for german) from the ftp-site (today). Perhaps
> delphi 2.0 has been on the system but was uninstalled before Installation of
> Delphi 4.0. Any Help would be appreciated.

> TIA, Rainer

> Meilin (Delphi Developer Support) schrieb:

> > Christine,

> > My notes below are prefaced by "==>".
> > Christine McIntyre wrote:

> > > I am trying to install the D4 SP2 update on an NT machine.

> > ==>Please specify the following:
> > 1. edition - Standard, Client/Server, or Professional
> > 2. how you are running the patch - a CD, or a download

> > > I get the
> > > following error  assertion failed
> > > (Result==ERROR_SUCCESS)||(IRESULT==ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND),file
> > > "..\win32src\DBKCOM.cpp line 421. Then I get a msgbox _INS5176._MP Abnormal
> > > termination.

> > ==> Was Delphi 3 on that system already?

> > > I am trying to move to a new machine.  The installation works fine on the
> > > old one???

> > ------------------------
> > Meilin
> > Delphi Developer Support
> > www.borland.com
> > (I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

> --
> Netsoft - Rainer Schumann
> My PGP-Key is available from pgpkeys.mit.edu

--
------------------------
Meilin
Delphi Developer Support
www.borland.com
(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:D4 SP2 Install error NTWorkstation


unfortunately after 1,5 hours and 5 reboots trying to deregister the ocx (succeeded
only with html.ocx) and then manually deleting everything referring to "NetManage", de-
and reinstalling delphi 3 times I have to state, that my problem is not solved. same
Errormessage while trying to install d4pupd2! Any help would be appreciated.

TIA, Rainer

Meilin (Delphi Developer Support) schrieb:

Quote
> Christine, Rainer:

> It has to do with the following OCX's:

> HTML.OCX
> HTTPCT.OCX
> NNTPCT.OCX
> POPCT.OCX
> SMTPCT.OCX
> WINSCK.OCX
> FTPCT.OCX

> Unregister each of them using tregsvr. (Example: tregsvr -u html.ocx)

> Unistall Delphi 4.0, and reinstall.

> See
> http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI1279D.html
> for more information.

> Rainer Schumann wrote:

> > I got the same Problem. My setup is NT 4.0 SP3, Delphi 4.0 Professional (german),
> > got the download (d4upd2.exe for german) from the ftp-site (today). Perhaps
> > delphi 2.0 has been on the system but was uninstalled before Installation of
> > Delphi 4.0. Any Help would be appreciated.

> > TIA, Rainer

> > Meilin (Delphi Developer Support) schrieb:

> > > Christine,

> > > My notes below are prefaced by "==>".
> > > Christine McIntyre wrote:

> > > > I am trying to install the D4 SP2 update on an NT machine.

> > > ==>Please specify the following:
> > > 1. edition - Standard, Client/Server, or Professional
> > > 2. how you are running the patch - a CD, or a download

> > > > I get the
> > > > following error  assertion failed
> > > > (Result==ERROR_SUCCESS)||(IRESULT==ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND),file
> > > > "..\win32src\DBKCOM.cpp line 421. Then I get a msgbox _INS5176._MP Abnormal
> > > > termination.

> > > ==> Was Delphi 3 on that system already?

> > > > I am trying to move to a new machine.  The installation works fine on the
> > > > old one???

> > > ------------------------
> > > Meilin
> > > Delphi Developer Support
> > > www.borland.com
> > > (I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

> > --
> > Netsoft - Rainer Schumann
> > My PGP-Key is available from pgpkeys.mit.edu

> --
> ------------------------
> Meilin
> Delphi Developer Support
> www.borland.com
> (I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

--
Netsoft - Rainer Schumann
My PGP-Key is available from pgpkeys.mit.edu

Re:D4 SP2 Install error NTWorkstation


Rainer,

Quote
Rainer Schumann wrote:
> unfortunately after 1,5 hours and 5 reboots trying to deregister the ocx (succeeded
> only with html.ocx) and then manually deleting everything referring to "NetManage", de-
> and reinstalling delphi 3 times I have to state, that my problem is not solved. same
> Errormessage while trying to install d4pupd2!

==> just to clarify, the error you saw during the update install is the same error you saw
whenyou installed Delphi 4?

Try unistalling Delphi, removing all Delphi folders, deregistering and deleting the ocx's,
removing all Delphi registry keys, rebooting in safe mode, and reinstalling.

------------------------
Meilin
Delphi Developer Support
www.borland.com
(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Other Threads