How to read a default value in a Paradox table on runtime

How to read a default value in a already created  Paradox table on
runtime?

I have some paradox tables which has some fields with default value.

How can I know if a field has a default value or not?
How can I  what the value of the default is? i.e what the default
value is set to on runtime?

I tried Field.DefaultExpression but I get an empty string.

I appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks!

Re:How to read a default value in a Paradox table on runtime

a...@aon.dk wrote:

> How to read a default value in a already created  Paradox table on
> runtime?

> I have some paradox tables which has some fields with default value.

> How can I know if a field has a default value or not?
> How can I  what the value of the default is? i.e what the default
> value is set to on runtime?

> I tried Field.DefaultExpression but I get an empty string.

> I appreciate any help on this matter.

> Thanks!

When you do an Insert, in the AfterInsert event, all data fields are
filled with their default values. So at that time you can see the
default value.

HTH

Other Threads