Networked database: anyone written a serious one?

Please excuse the (potential) naivety of the header.

We are currently developing in CA-VO and have experienced some
difficulty with regard to keeping a table containing memos on the
network file server. Tech support have been helpful, but still can't
stop it happening.

The system stores patient records in four main tables, related 1:many
down the tree. There are also look-up tables. The tables & indexes are
stored on a Novell Netware fileserver and accessed simultaneously by
about 6 people.

I was wondering if anyone had written a similar sort of system in
Delphi, as we're considering moving language.

I'd be grateful if replies could be copied to E-Mail as it gets to me
quicker.

TIA

Paul.
Expressed opinions are usually my own.
Especially if they're any good (of course).