read-only result set when requestlive = TRUE

I'm using a TQuery on a .dbf file, and need a live result set, but I can't get
it!  This is the SQL

Select *
From COMPANY
Where NAME like :InName

I thought it was the 'like' messing things up for me, but borland's
documentation says specifically that 'like' is perfectly legal for live
queries on dbase tables.

-requestlive = TRUE
-I tried UPPERCASE , lowercase and Mixedcase on the table name

I don't know what to try next.

Please help if you can.  Thanks,
FAS

Re:read-only result set when requestlive = TRUE

On 11/12/96 Mike Fasciano <fasm...@primenet.com> wrote:

> I'm using a TQuery on a .dbf file, and need a live result set, but I can't get
> it!  This is the SQL

> Select *
> From COMPANY
> Where NAME like :InName

> I thought it was the 'like' messing things up for me, but borland's
> documentation says specifically that 'like' is perfectly legal for live
> queries on dbase tables.

'Like' is legal, but it DOES turn the query into a read only one.
Make a simple test by testing for equality instead of using 'like',
you will see.
--

Peter Reber
e-mail: pre...@ilink.nis.za