String manipulation > 255 chars

I have a situation where I want to manipulate a string (array of char)
that can be larger than 255 chars.  Could someone point me to
some routines to do concatenation, etc.?

Re:String manipulation > 255 chars

uses strings;
var a:array [0..512] of char;
   b:array [0..512] of char;
   c:array [0..2000] of char;
begin
 fillchar(a,510,'*');
 fillchar(b,510,'2');
 strmove(c,a,strlen(a));
 strcat(c,b); <----
 writeln(c);
end.
W. D. wrote in message <35E8D8D0.6...@netins.net>...
>I have a situation where I want to manipulate a string (array of char)
>that can be larger than 255 chars.  Could someone point me to
>some routines to do concatenation, etc.?

Re:String manipulation > 255 chars

W. D. wrote in message <35E8D8D0.6...@netins.net>...
>I have a situation where I want to manipulate a string (array of char)
>that can be larger than 255 chars.  Could someone point me to
>some routines to do concatenation, etc.?

Try the SWAG. www.gdsoft.com/swag/

Re:String manipulation > 255 chars

In article <e6rVpac19GA.150@upnetnews05>,
  "Scott Tunstall" <tunst...@email.msn.com> wrote:

> >I have a situation where I want to manipulate a string (array of char)
> >that can be larger than 255 chars.  Could someone point me to
> >some routines to do concatenation, etc.?

> Try the SWAG. www.gdsoft.com/swag/

Have also a look into STRINGS.PAS coming with your TP version. It handels zero
terminated strings (PChar) with all necessary functions.

You should also have a look on

  the Coder's Knowledge Base at
  http://www.netalive.org/ckb

and

  Franz Glaser's TP pages at
  http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/tp.html

Tom.
--
Tom Wellige
HP48: http://hpshell.home.ml.org

Re:String manipulation > 255 chars

In article <35E8D8D0.6...@netins.net>

"W. D." <x...@netins.net> wrote:
> I have a situation where I want to manipulate a string (array of char)
> that can be larger than 255 chars.  Could someone point me to
> some routines to do concatenation, etc.?

Use the routines in the strings unit - Strcopy, StrCat,
etc.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro v4.52 for Win16 and Win32:
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief452.zip

Other Threads