JPEG Source?

Please call me a goose but!!!

I have downloaded imagelibs nifty image software and find that it is sweet
and does what I want, however I am interested in learning how the JPG
decoder side of things works.

This is where you may call me a goose, I have downloaded PASJPEG.ZIP and
find that I am either too thick or just plain thick, and as such am having
great difficulty building a simple veiwer for a jpg image using this code,I
not in the docos that they have tested the code on Delphi.

Can any one out there help me?

What I would like ideally is a copy of someones woirk that shows in simple
terms how the PASJPEG library works, I will not copy it but will if it is
ok, will use the brain power that went into it to understand the code.

Another thing I would like is to be able to have the JPG decoding in my
EXEs rather than in a DLL as I want to build a small prog that will stand
truely alone, (except the 50 meg of Windows tm) <GRIN>.

Hoping some one out there understands why I am doing this and humors me.

Graham Pratt.
Australia.

--
Regards.

Graham Pratt

Graham_PrattsPhoto_Sc...@OnAustralia.com.au

Re:JPEG Source?

Graham Pratt wrote:

> Please call me a goose but!!!

> I have downloaded imagelibs nifty image software and find that it is sweet
> and does what I want, however I am interested in learning how the JPG
> decoder side of things works.

> This is where you may call me a goose,

        Thanks. You're a goose. That was fun<g>

> I have downloaded PASJPEG.ZIP and
> find that I am either too thick or just plain thick, and as such am having
> great difficulty building a simple veiwer for a jpg image using this code,I
> not in the docos that they have tested the code on Delphi.

> Can any one out there help me?

> What I would like ideally is a copy of someones woirk that shows in simple
> terms how the PASJPEG library works, I will not copy it but will if it is
> ok, will use the brain power that went into it to understand the code.

> Another thing I would like is to be able to have the JPG decoding in my
> EXEs rather than in a DLL as I want to build a small prog that will stand
> truely alone, (except the 50 meg of Windows tm) <GRIN>.

> Hoping some one out there understands why I am doing this and humors me.

        You got me all interested here. I couldn't find PASJPEG.ZIP but I
found a PASJPG10.ZIP somewhere (the readme is dated 9/18/96 - does this make
it later or earlier than your version?) In the readme it says

[6] Delphi 2.0 Image Viewer Application using PASJPEG, by Detlef Meister,

http://w3.rz.fthw-berlin.de/~meister/index.html

Maybe that's what you're looking for.

--
David Ullrich