Windows 95 / NT4 Tray Icons Question

Is there any way to cause my application to display no form at all, and have
no presence in the task bar.

I am using the TrayIcon component I found on the Superpage, to add my icon
to theSystem Tray, I am able to get my pop-up menu to work, but I am not
even sure where to start looking for the way to get rid of the form and the
task bar entry...

Please respond via Email

Re:Windows 95 / NT4 Tray Icons Question

In article <01bbd8c7$c9868b30$a4a870cc@nat_versa>, From "Nathan T.
Wild" <nw...@codville.mb.ca>, the following was written:

> Is there any way to cause my application to display no form at all,
> and have no presence in the task bar.

> I am using the TrayIcon component I found on the Superpage, to add my
> icon to theSystem Tray, I am able to get my pop-up menu to work, but I

  > am not even sure where to start looking for the way to get rid of
the  > form and the task bar entry...

If you are using a component you need a form, if you meant hiding it
then here is how.

in the project file use

Application.Createhandle;
ShowWindow(Application.handle, SW_HIDE);
Application.ShowMainform := false;

This is from memory so you may need to change it.

hope this helps.

--

Thanks

    Fred Schetterer [FreDsterWare]