MultiMedia in Delphi

Recently tried the multimedia components in Delphi which generally seem
to work. Problem with recording in a .WAV device in that I can find no
way to erase the existing file. ie if I play a .wav file and then attempt
to record into it, the new recording is appended or inserted into the old
file depending on the start position. The .Save procedure then saves the
complete old + new files. Have worn out the help system and two expensive
developers books to no avail. Can anyone help?????????. Thanks.

Re:MultiMedia in Delphi

Rob Hannah <rhan...@om.com.au> wrote:
>Recently tried the multimedia components in Delphi which generally seem
>to work. Problem with recording in a .WAV device in that I can find no
>way to erase the existing file.

Insert code to call DeleteFile(Filename) before you do a record
function. I hope that helps.

A good help file is ldelphi.zip If I don't forget to send it you will
find a copy in your email.

Re:MultiMedia in Delphi

Garry Freemyer (ga...@athenon.com) wrote:

: A good help file is ldelphi.zip If I don't forget to send it you will
: find a copy in your email.

Why not upload it here? While we are at it, why dont we upload files here
all the time. We are each others resources. Hell, if
alt.binaries.pictures.{*word*115}a etc.. can do it. So can we!

--

                               \\\\
                                0 0

Other Threads