Proxy Server of TIdHttp component.

Hello:

I use TIdHttp component to access internet, but I use proxy server and I set
the proxy information as below:

    IdHttp.Request.ProxyServer := ProxyServerAddr;
    IdHttp.Request.ProxyPort := ProxyServerPort;
    IdHttp.Request.ProxyUsername := ProxyLoginUserName;
    IdHttp.Request.ProxyPassword := ProxyLoginPassword;

But I can not access internet through proxy server that I specified. Any
body can tell me what happend? Thank you, Very much.

Best Regards.
Matthew.Nicole

Re:Proxy Server of TIdHttp component.

by default IdHTTP supports only Basic proxy authorization right now.
if your proxy is configured to use other types of proxy authorization then
it won't work.

--
Doychin Bondzhev
IntraWeb Technical Support

"Matthew Nicole" <matthewnic...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello:

> I use TIdHttp component to access internet, but I use proxy server and I
set
> the proxy information as below:

>     IdHttp.Request.ProxyServer := ProxyServerAddr;
>     IdHttp.Request.ProxyPort := ProxyServerPort;
>     IdHttp.Request.ProxyUsername := ProxyLoginUserName;
>     IdHttp.Request.ProxyPassword := ProxyLoginPassword;

> But I can not access internet through proxy server that I specified. Any
> body can tell me what happend? Thank you, Very much.

> Best Regards.
> Matthew.Nicole

Re:Proxy Server of TIdHttp component.

Thank you Doychin Bondzhev.

And I access internet through proxy that without any authorization, only use
proxy server name and port, but I can not access internet yet.

And please tell me the detail of the "types of proxy authorization". Thanks.
Can I use WININET API to access with proxy server? If yes, please tell me
how or give me some advice or samples?

Thank you again. Best Regards.

Matthew
matthewnic...@hotmail.com

"Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy" <doyc...@nospam.dsoft-bg.com> D????D???
:3ce34c50_2@dnews...

> by default IdHTTP supports only Basic proxy authorization right now.
> if your proxy is configured to use other types of proxy authorization then
> it won't work.

> --
> Doychin Bondzhev
> IntraWeb Technical Support
> http://www.atozedsoftware.com/

> "Matthew Nicole" <matthewnic...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello:

> > I use TIdHttp component to access internet, but I use proxy server and I
> set
> > the proxy information as below:

> >     IdHttp.Request.ProxyServer := ProxyServerAddr;
> >     IdHttp.Request.ProxyPort := ProxyServerPort;
> >     IdHttp.Request.ProxyUsername := ProxyLoginUserName;
> >     IdHttp.Request.ProxyPassword := ProxyLoginPassword;

> > But I can not access internet through proxy server that I specified. Any
> > body can tell me what happend? Thank you, Very much.

> > Best Regards.
> > Matthew.Nicole

Re:Proxy Server of TIdHttp component.

If you want to use wininet the  try to download WInshoes 7.
This is the predecessor of Indy which is based on wininet and simplifies the
use of WinInetAPI.

--

> Thank you Doychin Bondzhev.

> And I access internet through proxy that without any authorization, only
use
> proxy server name and port, but I can not access internet yet.

> And please tell me the detail of the "types of proxy authorization".
Thanks.
> Can I use WININET API to access with proxy server? If yes, please tell me
> how or give me some advice or samples?

> Thank you again. Best Regards.

> Matthew
> matthewnic...@hotmail.com

> "Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy" <doyc...@nospam.dsoft-bg.com> D????D???
> :3ce34c50_2@dnews...
> > by default IdHTTP supports only Basic proxy authorization right now.
> > if your proxy is configured to use other types of proxy authorization
then
> > it won't work.

> > --
> > Doychin Bondzhev
> > IntraWeb Technical Support
> > http://www.atozedsoftware.com/

> > "Matthew Nicole" <matthewnic...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello:

> > > I use TIdHttp component to access internet, but I use proxy server and
> > set
> > > the proxy information as below:

> > >     IdHttp.Request.ProxyServer := ProxyServerAddr;
> > >     IdHttp.Request.ProxyPort := ProxyServerPort;
> > >     IdHttp.Request.ProxyUsername := ProxyLoginUserName;
> > >     IdHttp.Request.ProxyPassword := ProxyLoginPassword;

> > > But I can not access internet through proxy server that I specified.
Any
> > > body can tell me what happend? Thank you, Very much.

> > > Best Regards.
> > > Matthew.Nicole

Re:Proxy Server of TIdHttp component.

Thank you Doychin Bondzhev

"Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy" <doyc...@dsoft-bg.com> D????D???
:3ce3d34d_1@dnews...

> If you want to use wininet the  try to download WInshoes 7.
> This is the predecessor of Indy which is based on wininet and simplifies
the
> use of WinInetAPI.

> --
> Doychin Bondzhev
> IntraWeb Technical Support
> http://www.atozedsoftware.com/

> "Matthew Nicole" <matthewnic...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you Doychin Bondzhev.

> > And I access internet through proxy that without any authorization, only
> use
> > proxy server name and port, but I can not access internet yet.

> > And please tell me the detail of the "types of proxy authorization".
> Thanks.
> > Can I use WININET API to access with proxy server? If yes, please tell
me
> > how or give me some advice or samples?

> > Thank you again. Best Regards.

> > Matthew
> > matthewnic...@hotmail.com

> > "Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy" <doyc...@nospam.dsoft-bg.com> D????D?
??
> > :3ce34c50_2@dnews...
> > > by default IdHTTP supports only Basic proxy authorization right now.
> > > if your proxy is configured to use other types of proxy authorization
> then
> > > it won't work.

> > > --
> > > Doychin Bondzhev