BIG BIG Problem...

I had a SERVICE in windows, acessing SQL Server, my problem is that the SQL
Server is taking o
Stolen Pages e Allocated Pages in the (SQL Perfomance monitor) and not
return this memory to windows, after 12 hours 200 MB of RAM are taked, what
can I do, I had the same test with DBX and ADO, try to close the
transaction, close all datasets, make many things and the memory still
growing up.

Tanxs

Vinicius

Re:BIG BIG Problem...

Open the SQL server management console and change the memory settings from
Dynamic to Fixed and allocate 50% to 75% of the total amount of physical
memory in the system.

Microsoft's default is to use every ounce of memory in a machine - rather
dumb if you ask me.

Eric

"Vinicius Marques De Bernardi" <yak...@terra.com.br> wrote in message

> I had a SERVICE in windows, acessing SQL Server, my problem is that the
SQL
> Server is taking o
> Stolen Pages e Allocated Pages in the (SQL Perfomance monitor) and not
> return this memory to windows, after 12 hours 200 MB of RAM are taked,
what
> can I do, I had the same test with DBX and ADO, try to close the
> transaction, close all datasets, make many things and the memory still
> growing up.

> Tanxs

> Vinicius

Other Threads