Board index » delphi » Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation

Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation

Hi there!

In my Delphi app I use crystal reporter to print what is currently
selected in form that is displayed to user. There is a problem that
manifests only on NT and not on Win95 workstation, and the problem is
that when I launch a report and show it in a window, then close the
report, close the form and when again wanting to show that form
program crashes without any notification or exception when at OnShow
TQuery is opened ...

If I do not print (using crystal runtime dll's) then no problem.
Again, that manifests only on NT and not on Win95.

Has anybody maybe encountered that problem or have some sugestion?

tomi.

 

Re:Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation


Quote
"Tomislav Karda?" wrote:

> Has anybody maybe encountered that problem or have some sugestion?

        I haven't encountered this exact problem, but earlier releases of the
TCrpe (Crystal component for Delphi) were extremely buggy.  Make sure
you have the latest version from Seagate's web site.

        HTH,

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz                    cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com
----------------                -----------------------------
Delphi Developer                Vertex Systems Corporation
& Cat Wrangler                      http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Re:Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation


Hi Craig!

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:34:42 -0500, Craig Stuntz

Quote
<cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> wrote:
>    I haven't encountered this exact problem, but earlier releases of the
>TCrpe (Crystal component for Delphi) were extremely buggy.  Make sure
>you have the latest version from Seagate's web site.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try their WEB site.

In the meantime if someone had similar problems, please give some
hint.

tomi.

Re:Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation


We've occasionally had similar problems with access violations - they
occurred when closing down an exe after running a report through the Crystal
runtime.  In every case where this showed up, we were able to trace the
problem to dll conflicts where more than one version of the Crystal runtime
dll's were on the workstation where the error  occurred.  In the Crystal
help files, there is a list of the dll's used by the runtime.  To fix the
problem, you need to do a "Find" on each of the dll's and make sure that, if
there is more than one copy of a given dll, all of the date/time stamps
match for all copies of the file.

-Dell Stinnett

Re:Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation


Hi Craig!

I forgot to say that I do not use TCrpe, I use crpe32.pas and call
crystal reports run time dll directly.

tomi.

Re:Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation


Quote
In article <3885e5e2.7774...@forums.inprise.com>, nomail@sorry wrote:
>Hi Craig!

>I forgot to say that I do not use TCrpe, I use crpe32.pas and call
>crystal reports run time dll directly.

>tomi.

Make sure you close the Print engine before you close down the app.
I cant remember the exact woding, but its something like PrintEngineClose;

hope this helps

Marcel

Marcel Schoch
Web Site : http://webhome.idirect.com/~redblack/

Re:Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation


Hi Dell!

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:05:32 -0500, "Dell Stinnett"

Quote
<dell.stinn...@zcsterling.com> wrote:
>We've occasionally had similar problems with access violations - they
>occurred when closing down an exe after running a report through the Crystal
>runtime.  In every case where this showed up, we were able to trace the
>problem to dll conflicts where more than one version of the Crystal runtime
>dll's were on the workstation where the error  occurred.  In the Crystal
>help files, there is a list of the dll's used by the runtime.  To fix the
>problem, you need to do a "Find" on each of the dll's and make sure that, if
>there is more than one copy of a given dll, all of the date/time stamps
>match for all copies of the file.

I searched out for that and I found more than one files for
MSVCRT20.DLL, CRPAIG32.DLL and CTL3D32.DLL but with any combination
the problem is still there so that didn't solved my trouble.

Thanks for the idea anyway.

tomi.

Re:Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation


I am using a Crystal Reports (5/6)  interface in my programs (written
in Delphi 3) and have never had any problems!!
Try this approach :
        1. In 'components'-menu choose 'Import ActiveX control'
        2. Select 'Crystal Report Control x.x'
        3a. Add the new unit eg. 'Crystal_TLB' to your 'uses'-section
and create your Crpe control on the fly...Like this :

        var
          Crpe1: TCrystalReport;
        begin
            Crpe1 := TCrystalReport.create(self);
           <some code>
            Crpe1.Free;
        end;

         OR

        3b. Drop the new 'Crystal Report'-control found on
'ActiveX'-tab in your component-palette..

I have tried the TCpre once...and I agree ...Buggy...DON'T USE IT...

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:34:42 -0500, Craig Stuntz

Quote
<cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> wrote:
>"Tomislav Karda?" wrote:

>> Has anybody maybe encountered that problem or have some sugestion?

>    I haven't encountered this exact problem, but earlier releases of the
>TCrpe (Crystal component for Delphi) were extremely buggy.  Make sure
>you have the latest version from Seagate's web site.

>    HTH,

>    -Craig

>--
>Craig Stuntz                        cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com
>----------------            -----------------------------
>Delphi Developer            Vertex Systems Corporation
>& Cat Wrangler                  http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Regards

Jens-Harald Knudsen
Project Engineer, LH Comlog A/S

Re:Problem with Crystal Report started from Delphi app against MSSQL Server on NT Workstation


In case someone is interested...

I found out a solution, if I put KeepConnection := true on my
TDatabase objects then program doesn't dissapear on next TQuery.Open
after a crystal report run. Still this is strange behaviour...

tomi.

Other Threads