<none>

Does anyone out there have any good text files on assembly language? I have one
decent one, but it only explains the general procedure and explains how to
print a string. I know the best thing to do is to buy a book, but I don't have
the $40 or so to spare and my local libraries don't carry any. And for when the
time comes around to buy a book, does any one have suggestions on some good
assembly books??

Re:<none>

In article <28BJlv$...@lab.org> hoxs...@crl.com "Maynard #4 @6855" writes:

> Does anyone out there have any good text files on assembly language? I have one
> decent one, but it only explains the general procedure and explains how to
> print a string. I know the best thing to do is to buy a book, but I don't have
> the $40 or so to spare and my local libraries don't carry any. And for when the
> time comes around to buy a book, does any one have suggestions on some good
> assembly books??

The Games Programmers Encyclopedia is FREE on the net and it contains four
tutorials on ASM but mainly a FULL list of commands and what they do...
It also has graphics stuff too and sound and stuff..
Get it from:

        x2ftp.oulu.fi
                /pub/msdos/programming/gpe

Cheers, 8-)

--
 |~\ __   |    __        /    BASIC FANZINE PRODUCER AND Uv1 Project Director
 | //  \ -|-  /  \ |/~~ /     wishes everyone luck for 1996..................
 |' |,-~  |   |,-~ |   /   Greetz to: spud2, James Erickson, Nika, Alex Demko
 |   \--  '\/  \-- |    \             John Woodgate, BJ, NB,+other e-friends!

Re:<none>

In article <28BJlv$...@lab.org>, hoxs...@crl.com (Maynard #4 @6855) wrote:

>Does anyone out there have any good text files on assembly language? I have
one
>decent one, but it only explains the general procedure and explains how to
>print a string. I know the best thing to do is to buy a book, but I don't
have
>the $40 or so to spare and my local libraries don't carry any. And for when
the
>time comes around to buy a book, does any one have suggestions on some good
>assembly books??

Check out ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming/. There are a lot of ASM
tutorials in several directories.

Mike Chapin
Powder River
mcha...@vcn.com