NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

Everyone,

Check out a very sleek database tool designed with Delphi
that provides Test data generation/Data migration services
for almost every major SQL database server and desktop
database out there. This is a must have tool for anyone
doing any serious database work.

A fully functional evaluation version  is available from:

    www.tcsf.com

Regards

Nick Liristis

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

My network connection croaked after 2.9 megs and 35 minutes.

Nick Liristis wrote:

> Everyone,

> Check out a very sleek database tool designed with Delphi
> that provides Test data generation/Data migration services
> for almost every major SQL database server and desktop
> database out there. This is a must have tool for anyone
> doing any serious database work.

> A fully functional evaluation version  is available from:

>     www.tcsf.com

> Regards

> Nick Liristis

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

The download is 6.53 MB. You were almost half way through!
Give it a second try. It's worth it!!!.

Nick Liristis

James E. Presley wrote in message <357D272A.4...@worldnet.att.net>...
>My network connection croaked after 2.9 megs and 35 minutes.

>Nick Liristis wrote:

>> Everyone,

>> Check out a very sleek database tool designed with Delphi
>> that provides Test data generation/Data migration services
>> for almost every major SQL database server and desktop
>> database out there. This is a must have tool for anyone
>> doing any serious database work.

>> A fully functional evaluation version  is available from:

>>     www.tcsf.com

>> Regards

>> Nick Liristis

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

Does this tool actually provide GOOD data migration services ?; unlike
DATAPUMP which has never completely AND CORRECTLY move a table + fields
+ data + indexes + refinteg of mine ?

Later,
Paul

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

PumpItUp 3.0 (the official name of the tool :)) was designed as a pure
data generation/migration tool and therefore it does not actually move
metadata between different databases. It has a number of powerful
features that allow for the generation of custom data directly into
a database server or to an ASCII file. It can accept legacy data from
an ASCII file and transform it into custom loader files to be used
for populating an SQL database.

It's test data generation services are great for populating databases
with dummy data for testing purposes.

It's data migration services are invaluable when you have to convert
data from a legacy database to one or more target databases.
i.e. A DBA is assigned the task of converting 10 million records from
      TABLE_A in a mainframe database to TABLE_B, TABLE_C,
      and TABLE_D in the company's new client/server database.
      He/She would dump the data from TABLE_A into an ASCII
      file and then use PumpItUp to create a project file that maps
      the legacy data from the ASCII file to the target tables in the
      new database. Columns that can't be mapped or columns
      that did not exist in the legacy table can be populated using
      the advanced data generation functions in the software to
      make sure that all referential integrity constraints such as foreign
      and primary keys in the target database can be satisfied.
      Once the project is defined the software can produce ASCII
      files with millions of records ready to be loaded into the new
      tables in a matter of minutes.

For more information just drop by our site at:

  http://www.tcsf.com/main_pump.htm

Hope this helps

Nick Liristis

Paul Peterson wrote in message <357D55D7....@bslnet.com>...
>Does this tool actually provide GOOD data migration services ?; unlike
>DATAPUMP which has never completely AND CORRECTLY move a table + fields
>+ data + indexes + refinteg of mine ?

>Later,
>Paul

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

Is it written with Delphi?

Nick Liristis wrote:

> PumpItUp 3.0 (the official name of the tool :)) was designed as a pure
> data generation/migration tool and therefore it does not actually move
> metadata between different databases. It has a number of powerful
> features that allow for the generation of custom data directly into
> a database server or to an ASCII file. It can accept legacy data from
> an ASCII file and transform it into custom loader files to be used
> for populating an SQL database.

> It's test data generation services are great for populating databases
> with dummy data for testing purposes.

> It's data migration services are invaluable when you have to convert
> data from a legacy database to one or more target databases.
> i.e. A DBA is assigned the task of converting 10 million records from
>       TABLE_A in a mainframe database to TABLE_B, TABLE_C,
>       and TABLE_D in the company's new client/server database.
>       He/She would dump the data from TABLE_A into an ASCII
>       file and then use PumpItUp to create a project file that maps
>       the legacy data from the ASCII file to the target tables in the
>       new database. Columns that can't be mapped or columns
>       that did not exist in the legacy table can be populated using
>       the advanced data generation functions in the software to
>       make sure that all referential integrity constraints such as foreign
>       and primary keys in the target database can be satisfied.
>       Once the project is defined the software can produce ASCII
>       files with millions of records ready to be loaded into the new
>       tables in a matter of minutes.

> For more information just drop by our site at:

>   http://www.tcsf.com/main_pump.htm

> Hope this helps

> Nick Liristis

> Paul Peterson wrote in message <357D55D7....@bslnet.com>...
> >Does this tool actually provide GOOD data migration services ?; unlike
> >DATAPUMP which has never completely AND CORRECTLY move a table + fields
> >+ data + indexes + refinteg of mine ?

> >Later,
> >Paul

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

Yes. It is written 100% with Delphi Client Server 3.0.  No third party
controls
or Active X's (Not that there is anything wrong with using them :))
where used in the production of this software.

Richard C Haven wrote in message

<357DBBF1.7...@dontspamonme-santacruz.com>...
>Is it written with Delphi?

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

The full install (6.53 MB) includes the program itself, the full BDE 4.51
install
sample template files, help files and the installshield files used to
painlessly
install the software on your computer. We are planning to release a version
that does not include the BDE (but still requires it) for our fellow
Delphians.
That should bring it down to less than 2 MB.

If you have BDE 4.51 already installed and wish to receive a smaller
installation
package through e-mail  please send e-mail with your name and company
info to:

liris...@tcsf.com

Roger Arnesen wrote in message <6lkisf$8...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Yes. It is written 100% with Delphi Client Server 3.0.  No third party
>>controls
>>or Active X's (Not that there is anything wrong with using them :))
>>where used in the production of this software.

>Then how come it is so big??

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

>Yes. It is written 100% with Delphi Client Server 3.0.  No third party
>controls
>or Active X's (Not that there is anything wrong with using them :))
>where used in the production of this software.

Then how come it is so big??

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

I apologize for the confusion regarding  my e-mail address. To simplify
things it was changed to:

    n...@tcsf.com

Nick Liristis wrote in message <6lkk9q$7h...@forums.borland.com>...
>The full install (6.53 MB) includes the program itself, the full BDE 4.51
>install
>sample template files, help files and the installshield files used to
>painlessly
>install the software on your computer. We are planning to release a version
>that does not include the BDE (but still requires it) for our fellow
>Delphians.
>That should bring it down to less than 2 MB.

>If you have BDE 4.51 already installed and wish to receive a smaller
>installation
>package through e-mail  please send e-mail with your name and company
>info to:

>liris...@tcsf.com

>Roger Arnesen wrote in message <6lkisf$8...@forums.borland.com>...
>>>Yes. It is written 100% with Delphi Client Server 3.0.  No third party
>>>controls
>>>or Active X's (Not that there is anything wrong with using them :))
>>>where used in the production of this software.

>>Then how come it is so big??

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

Nick,

Can you explain why I should consider using your app over Delphi 4 C/S's
Datapump ?

Thanks
Jan

Re:NEW!!! Delphi based client/server database tool

Our application is a high-end data generation/ data migration
tool with support for advanced data generation algorithms and
data transformation functions.

It is used primarily to migrate legacy data to client server databases
and/or generate test data.

Some of the features of the product are:

Data Generation: Support for the generation of virtually unlimited custom
test data, directly into a database or into an ASCII file. A number of
advanced data generation functions are available for even the most demanding
data generation tasks.

Data Migration: Support for migrating data between two or more databases.
Legacy data exported to an ASCII file can be mapped to any number of tables
in the target database. An intuitive point-and-click interface provides an
easy and cost effective way of migrating data, therefore eliminating the
need for throw away custom applications.

Data Migration/Generation: Support for combining data generation and data
migration functions and using them simultaneously during data generation
and/or data migration sessions. This powerful feature provides an effective
solution for complicated data generation/migration tasks, which would
otherwise require an enormous custom programming effort.

Project based interface: Support for a project oriented grouping of related
tasks. All the information required to complete a data generation and/or
data migration session involving one a more database tables can be stored in
a project file. Projects can be re-used any number of times and provide an
excellent way of minimizing repetitive tasks.

Data extraction: Support for extracting data from tables, views and custom
queries into ASCII files delimited by user defined delimiters.

Speed: The software provides exceptional processing speed when working with
large amounts of data due to its support for native database connections and
optimized data generation algorithms.

Intuitive interface: An intuitive user interface is provided that allows
point-and-click access to most of the softwares features. Programming
experience is not required.

Data Transformations: A number of data transformation features are available
during data generation and/or data migration sessions. Some of these
features are:

Cross reference lists: Using cross reference lists, original data can be
substituted with new values.

Expressions: Expressions in PumpItUp include data formatting functions,
arithmetic operations, simple if
 conditions, special multi-function expressions (such as the DECODE function
which is similar in functionality to ORACLES DECODE function) string
concatenation and substring functions. Expressions can be applied to data
values in ASCII files (data migration files) or to generated data going
directly into database tables. In addition, expressions can be nested
allowing for multiple transformation operations on the original data values.

Single column From Lists: Single Column From Lists provide the necessary
functionality for specifying a predetermined set of values to be used when
populating columns. Values in the list can be used sequentially or randomly.
These lists also support a weight factor parameter, which determines how
many times (in relation to the total number of values in the list) a value
in the list will be used when generating data. Data can be entered manually
or (as in most cases) imported from an ASCII file or a database column).

Multiple Column From Lists: Multi Column From Lists provide the necessary
functionality for populating two or more columns in a table with related
data. In addition they allow for populating columns that participate in
composite primary and/or foreign keys. Data can be entered manually or (as
in most cases) imported from an ASCII file or a database table).

Metadata Wizard: The software automatically detects and analyzes referential
integrity constraint rules (Primary and Foreign keys), unique and non-unique
indexes, database views and column datatypes, etc. This information is
instrumental for users when defining a project.  It is also used by the
software itself for automating various tasks, such as determining the
processing sequence for the tables in a project (parent tables first, child
tables last).

Databases Support: All major database servers and desktop databases are
supported through fast native connections. ODBC driver support is also
available.

SQL Editor: An SQL editor is provided with support for any Data Definition
Language (DDL) or Data Manipulation Language (DML) statement supported by
the back-end server or desktop database.

SQL Wizard: An SQL Wizard utility is provided that generates simple or
complex SELECT statements with only a few mouse clicks. No SQL experience is
required.

Fixed record length conversion utility: A file conversion utility is
provided in order to convert fixed record length ASCII files to delimited
(user defined delimiters) ASCII files for use by PumpItUp or by other
applications.

Year 2000 (Y2K) date conversion utility: A date conversion utility is
provided in order to correct Year 2000 (Y2K) date problems. The utility
works by converting two-digit year dates to four-digit year dates based on
user defined input/output date masks and other parameters. This utility can
also be used to convert any date format to any other date format with
minimal effort.

Built in reports: A number of detail and summary reports are provided in
order to assist in evaluating and documenting a data generation and/or
migration session.

You can download a trial version from www.tcsf.com

Hope this helps

Nick Liristis

Jan Bakuwel wrote in message <35A495D7.56227...@ams.greenpeace.org>...
>Nick,

>Can you explain why I should consider using your app over Delphi 4 C/S's
>Datapump ?

>Thanks
>Jan

Other Threads