Docking: Documentation, How to dock like in IDE?

OK, I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out window docking.  Where is
the documentation for this?  The DockDemo seems buggy and doesn't do what
I'm looking for:

What I'm looking for is a window/form that behaves like the various windows
in the Delphi IDE.  For example, open the various debug windows (Stack,
Watches, Breakpoints).  Notice that you can dock these windows in a "tiled"
fashion, or onto a single window using a "tabbed" fashion, or a mix of both.
How does Borland do this?

It would be nice if Borland/Inprise could post some sample code of how they
do this in the IDE.  I've been able to do tiled docking (like in the Dock
demo), and tabbed docking, but not both at the same time.

In addition, I'd love to hear if there are any *good* sources of
documentation on docking.  So far, the examples I have found on the web are
either trivial, or just plain wrong.  Seems like a lot of power here going
to waste due to poor documentation.

Mike Potter
owner, Zugg Software