TTable Component gives error with Long File Names!

--------------55280B16CA835F65FB9B7C15

Hello,

I don't recall having a problem with long filenames before with the
TTable component.
Anyway, I have a small program with which I need to be able to select a
DBase table with
a long filename and add it as the TableName to the TTable component.

However, the DBF files have spaces in the file name.
<EX: Canyon View Business Park.dbf>

I get an Invalid File Name message.

Note: These .dbf files were created with another program and work just
fine.
Is my problem a Delphi TTable Bug?

Thanks,

--
Kim C. Hovorka
kchovo...@ci.orem.ut.us

--------------55280B16CA835F65FB9B7C15

<HTML>
Hello,

<P>I don't recall having a problem with long filenames before with the
TTable component.
<BR>Anyway, I have a small program with which I need to be able to select
a DBase table with
<BR>a long filename and add it as the TableName to the TTable component.

<P>However, the DBF files have <B>spaces</B> in the file name.
<BR>&lt;EX: Canyon View Business Park.dbf>

<P>I get an Invalid File Name message.

<P>Note: These .dbf files were created with another program and work just
fine.
<BR>Is my problem a Delphi TTable Bug?

<P>Thanks,

<P>--
<BR>Kim C. Hovorka
<BR>kchovo...@ci.orem.ut.us
<BR>Programmer/Analyst
<BR>Phone 801-229-7106
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------55280B16CA835F65FB9B7C15--

Re:TTable Component gives error with Long File Names!

>However, the DBF files have spaces in the file name.
><EX: Canyon View Business Park.dbf>

I can't duplicate a problem using this table name in Delph 3

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads