Holding Record Place From Form To Form

Program I'm writing uses a single table with multi input forms.  the
first form opens the table "ClientTable", tyhis is where the user enters
basic information on a client.  Then it chains to a nother  form to
finish entering data on the client that waas just entered.  The only way
I could keep the record marked was to do a
DataSource.Dataset IE:

Procedure
var
   ClientMainForm: TClientMainForm;
  begin
                ClientMainForm:= TClientMainForm.Create(Self);
                   try

                       ClientName := ClientEnterEditBox.text;
                       ClientTable.Open;
                       ClientTable.Edit ;
                       ClientTableName.AsString:=
ClientEnterNameEditBox.text;
                       ClientTable.Post;
                       ClientMainForm.ClientDataSource.DataSet :=
ClientTable;
                       ClientMainForm.Showmodal;
                   finally
                       ClientMainForm.Free;

This works to view the second form but if I have to edit the table
(which I do)on the second screen I get a datasouce table locked.

My question is, is there another way around being able to hold the
record place in the table?

Any and All help is welcomed

Schultz

schu...@techknow.com

Re:Holding Record Place From Form To Form

Richard -
   Use a datamodel with a single DataSet there, then wherever you are on
one form, you will also be there on the second.  Do not have a dataset on
each form.
- Adam

Richard Shcultz <schu...@techknow.com> wrote in article
<3467A8B2.3...@techknow.com>...

> Program I'm writing uses a single table with multi input forms.  the
> first form opens the table "ClientTable", tyhis is where the user enters
> basic information on a client.  Then it chains to a nother  form to
> finish entering data on the client that waas just entered.  The only way
> I could keep the record marked was to do a
> DataSource.Dataset IE:

Other Threads