Printing lines of memo fields

D2.0 C/S, W95
I'm creating a printout using pascal (as opposed to QReport or
ReportSmith)

Can anyone advise of the code I need to use to split a memo field from a
table into individual string lines that I can print.

Also, is there a way to set the width of the memo, so that it word wraps
after this number of pixels (eg similar to Foxpro's SET MEMOWIDTH)?

E-mail replies appreciated. Thanks in advance, David Carle :-)

Re:Printing lines of memo fields

In article <33E0447F.5...@clara.net>,
  dc <d...@clara.net> wrote:

> D2.0 C/S, W95
> I'm creating a printout using pascal (as opposed to QReport or
> ReportSmith)

> Can anyone advise of the code I need to use to split a memo field from a
> table into individual string lines that I can print.

> Also, is there a way to set the width of the memo, so that it word wraps
> after this number of pixels (eg similar to Foxpro's SET MEMOWIDTH)?

> E-mail replies appreciated. Thanks in advance, David Carle :-)

Hi NoName,

To get access to a memofield you have to do the following:
List:=TStringList.Create
List.Assign(Table.FieldByName('MyMemo));
with List do begin
 {here starts your job}
end
{if you made changes to the List:}
  Table.Edit;
  Table.FieldByName('MyMemo').Assign(List);
  Table.Post;
List.Free;
By, Robert Esser, Munich, Germany