running from cd-rom

I wrote both the program and data for a database application onto a
cd-rom, but when i attempt to run the program from the cd  i get the
following message: "insufficient disk space  file G:\_QB1.FAM table
QB2 ..."

If i move the program back to the hard disk, it works fine.  My
initial guess is that temporary files are created from my TQUERY but
are defaulting to the current directory. If this is the case, Is there
some setting in BDE or within the program which needs to be changed to
force temporary files like these onto a different drive than the one
the program was executed from?

Thanks,
Seth Schneider

Re:running from cd-rom

seth...@earthlink.net (Seth Schneider) wrote:
> I wrote both the program and data for a database application onto a
> cd-rom, but when i attempt to run the program from the cd  i get the
> following message: "insufficient disk space  file G:\_QB1.FAM table
> QB2 ..."

> If i move the program back to the hard disk, it works fine.  My
> initial guess is that temporary files are created from my TQUERY but
> are defaulting to the current directory. If this is the case, Is there
> some setting in BDE or within the program which needs to be changed to
> force temporary files like these onto a different drive than the one
> the program was executed from?

Try Session.PrivateDir := <Path>;

Jasper

Other Threads