DBGrid can't display extended char

I have used DBGrid to display my database whose data is in Thai
language (which used the extended ASCII code i.e. 128-255). The
english character can be displayed correctly .. but for Thai
character, it is changed to some other characters.

I also tried to enter something in the grid and when I type in
it display correctly .. but after I post (or exit from the field)
the character changed to something garbage.

Is that concern with anything about Language in BDE?

PS. I use dBASE file (.DBF) as my database.

Please help.. very urgent.

Thanks,

--keh--
Santithorn Bunchua                                           k...@au.ac.th
Internet AuNet Center
Assumption University                                      +66-2-319-0957
Bangkok 10240, THAILAND                         +66-2-300-4543 ext 3670-1

Re:DBGrid can't display extended char

In article <48kcec$...@abac.au.ac.th>, k...@au.ac.th (Santithorn Bunchua) writes:
> I have used DBGrid to display my database whose data is in Thai
> language (which used the extended ASCII code i.e. 128-255). The
> english character can be displayed correctly .. but for Thai
> character, it is changed to some other characters.
> Is that concern with anything about Language in BDE?

> PS. I use dBASE file (.DBF) as my database.

You need to set the correct driver for Your language using BDECFG.EXE. Then You recreate the table since the language driver to be used is stored in the table header as well (I'm not sure about this, but it won't hurt anyway).

The BDE rejects all characters that are "not part of the current language" (which is extended ASCII for the default driver. This is Your problem

Hope this helps as I'm telling this from memory...

Thomas Schimming

Re:DBGrid can't display extended char

In <48pq27$...@RMAIL.urz.tu-dresden.de> schim...@iee1.et.tu-dresden.de

Bunchua) writes:
>> I have used DBGrid to display my database whose data is in Thai
>> language (which used the extended ASCII code i.e. 128-255). The
>> english character can be displayed correctly .. but for Thai
>> character, it is changed to some other characters.
>> Is that concern with anything about Language in BDE?

>> PS. I use dBASE file (.DBF) as my database.

>You need to set the correct driver for Your language using BDECFG.EXE.

Then You recreate the table since the language driver to be used is
stored in the table header as well (I'm not sure about this, but it
won't hurt anyway).

>The BDE rejects all characters that are "not part of the current

language" (which is extended ASCII for the default driver. This is Your
problem

>Hope this helps as I'm telling this from memory...

>Thomas Schimming

Or you can use Thai Windows (if that exists) and it will work fine.  I
tried it for Hebrew which is even weider and it works beautiful
Ben
Arrow

Other Threads