TCP/IP or IPX NETWORKING HELP?

 Hi, I'd like to run an application on one computer & connect to that
computer with another application using its IP. I would then like to
transfer a line of text between the two. Perhaps code for a simple chat
program would help...I'm not sure. Networking isn't my strong point :)
Thanks for any help!
                        --Jerry

Re:TCP/IP or IPX NETWORKING HELP?

Hi Jerry,

> Hi, I'd like to run an application on one computer & connect to that
> computer with another application using its IP. I would then like to
> transfer a line of text between the two. Perhaps code for a simple chat
> program would help...I'm not sure. Networking isn't my strong point :)
> Thanks for any help!

Most WinSock components include examples of this. There's a whole bunch
of them at the Delphi Super Page at
http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/index.html

Cheers!                                         - Jon -

Other Threads