Minimizing Forms

vit...@io.org (Vitaly Livshits) writes:
>   Thanks for you suggestion, but I am not looking for a Tray Icon component.
> What I am looking for is something that can handle the from minimize message
> and respond to it by minimizing the application (into the regular task bar
> area).

Create a method for wm_SysCommand message, look for the wParam = sc_Minimize,
when it occurs post a wm_SysCommand (with wParam also = sc_Minimize) message
to the parent window.

               - Chris
                 cesn...@wownet.kosone.com

Re:Minimizing Forms

Be careful when posting minimize and restore messages to Delphi application
windows.  If the message is not posted to the _application window_, the
minimization will not be correct.  Every Delphi application has an
_application window_ which is different from all the visible form windows
and has a unique handle.  For more information contact me at
sch...@agdec.com

Hope this helps,
Blake Schwendiman

Chris Snell <cesn...@wownet.kosone.com> wrote in article
<52cqa1$...@heracles.kosone.com>...

> vit...@io.org (Vitaly Livshits) writes:
> >   Thanks for you suggestion, but I am not looking for a Tray Icon
component.
> > What I am looking for is something that can handle the from minimize
message
> > and respond to it by minimizing the application (into the regular task
bar
> > area).

> Create a method for wm_SysCommand message, look for the wParam =
sc_Minimize,
> when it occurs post a wm_SysCommand (with wParam also = sc_Minimize)
message
> to the parent window.

>                - Chris
>                  cesn...@wownet.kosone.com