How do I initialize my com-port?

I am trying to write my one terminal program - not to rival the one
existing but to understand how it works.

I keep asking myself: How does telemate manage to initialize my modem and
any other modem so perfectly while I hardly get my modem to open the line?

Does anyone know how to iniatialize modems, set baud rates?

I tried to hook to the com interrupt, but that didn't work either. It
simply doesn't seem to there. If I use the keyboard interrupt or the timer
interrupt, my program shows a reaction, but it never recognizes the
com-interrupt.

I hope someone can help..........Peter
Petor (OskarB...@aol.com)

Re:How do I initialize my com-port?

In article <19971014224800.SAA15...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

oskarb...@aol.com (OskarBaer) wrote:

=>I am trying to write my one terminal program - not to rival the one
=>existing but to understand how it works.
=>
=>I keep asking myself: How does telemate manage to initialize my modem and
=>any other modem so perfectly while I hardly get my modem to open the line?
=>
=>Does anyone know how to iniatialize modems, set baud rates?

yes read your manual for it's init strings setting the baud rate is done
by programming the uart.

=>
=>I tried to hook to the com interrupt, but that didn't work either. It
=>simply doesn't seem to there. If I use the keyboard interrupt or the timer
=>interrupt, my program shows a reaction, but it never recognizes the
=>com-interrupt.

you have to activate the irq.

get uart prog info it's hard tho.

Bevyn

--
disclaimer

not only did i not post this i have never seen any of these letters before in my life.

these opinions represent no one least of all myself.

Other Threads