Need client to copy FTP directories

Hi

Anyone who knows a stable FTP client which makes it easy to download not
only single files but also entire directories?

Thanks
Henrik

Re:Need client to copy FTP directories

"Henrik Bruhn" <H.BR...@WIDEX.DK> wrote in message

> Anyone who knows a stable FTP client which makes it easy to download not
> only single files but also entire directories?

wget.

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
  Ignacio

Re:Need client to copy FTP directories

Thanks for your answer

Guess I was asking the wrong question - what I really need is a Delphi
component not an application.

Henrik

"Ignacio Vazquez" <ivazquezATorioncommunications.com> wrote in message

> "Henrik Bruhn" <H.BR...@WIDEX.DK> wrote in message
> > Anyone who knows a stable FTP client which makes it easy to download not
> > only single files but also entire directories?

> wget.

> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

> Cheers,
>   Ignacio

Re:Need client to copy FTP directories

> Anyone who knows a stable FTP client which makes it easy to download not
> only single files but also entire directories?

Total Commander (http://www.ghisler.com/)
wget from cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/)
ncftp from cygwin

--
Gert

Re:Need client to copy FTP directories

> Anyone who knows a stable FTP client which makes it easy to download not
> only single files but also entire directories?

Indy.

http://www.indyproject.org

--
Tim Sullivan
Unlimited Intelligence Limited

Re:Need client to copy FTP directories

Henrik:

    We use INDY in Delphi 5 to do this exact thing. You would need to build
your own FTP client with the INDY components. They have a good FTP demo you
can learn from.

    It is not hard to do this at all - but - it could take a little time to
get up to speed.

Good luck

Neil Huhta

Other Threads