send Massiv mail - indy

I need to send massive e-mail amount.

How can i do it more effecitve with indy component ?
Can i establish more than one connection with the mail server , and send
more then one email at the same time ?

thank u
Asi

Re:send Massiv mail - indy

"inter" <inter@net> wrote in message news:3c566e19$1_1@dnews...
> I need to send massive e-mail amount.

Not spam/UBE I hope?

(Ironically -- I've received spam which has been sent using TIdSMTP -- IMO
the Indy team should add a no-SPAM policy to the license agreement)

> Can i establish more than one connection with the mail server , and send
> more then one email at the same time ?

Where's your bottleneck?

If you're on the same LAN as the mail server, then the real gain (messages
dispatched per minute) will be ignorable (the mail server will face a bigger
bottleneck when it in turn relays your mail).

Anyway, running a couple of threads with each thread dispatching mails out
of a queue might be more efficient. My reasoning is that TIdSMTP spends time
waiting for responses from the server (which takes time to arrive back)
which represents "dead air" (i.e. you're not transmitting anything while
waiting for the response!) -- hence if another thread (or two) is working
simultaneously then it'll (hopefully) fill up the slack.

--
Rune

Re:send Massiv mail - indy

"Rune Moberg" <rmob...@arxi.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "inter" <inter@net> wrote in message news:3c566e19$1_1@dnews...
> > I need to send massive e-mail amount.

> Not spam/UBE I hope?

> (Ironically -- I've received spam which has been sent using TIdSMTP -- IMO
> the Indy team should add a no-SPAM policy to the license agreement)

I AGREE

Ernst

Re:send Massiv mail - indy

It's a great idea..

But, how is it to be enforced?  Are we, the Delphi community, expecting the
EFF to prosecute or what?
Who actually does prosecute violations of the MPL or GPL?

Charles

"Ernst Gerlach" <ernst.gerl...@epost.de> wrote in message

> "Rune Moberg" <rmob...@arxi.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > "inter" <inter@net> wrote in message news:3c566e19$1_1@dnews...
> > > I need to send massive e-mail amount.

> > Not spam/UBE I hope?

> > (Ironically -- I've received spam which has been sent using TIdSMTP --
IMO
> > the Indy team should add a no-SPAM policy to the license agreement)

> I AGREE

> Ernst

Other Threads