Locking records in MS SQL Server 6.5

Hi,

    What can I do to lock a record before edit using Delphi 3 CS and MS SQL
Server 6.5 ?

    What can I do to update queries in all client applications after a
change on a record in Database Server ?

Thanks.

Re:Locking records in MS SQL Server 6.5

I don't know what type of locking MSSQL 6.5 supports. I assume it's page
locking, but I can't say for sure.

The answer to your question is that it cannot be done with the BDE (only
with Paradox tables). I suppose you could do it with a trigger that sets
some value that you can periodically check...

"Nelson Henrique Corra Nepomuceno" wrote:

> Hi,

>     What can I do to lock a record before edit using Delphi 3 CS and MS SQL
> Server 6.5 ?

>     What can I do to update queries in all client applications after a
> change on a record in Database Server ?

> Thanks.

Other Threads