Transaction lock resolution and conflict resolution

I am trying my best to decipher the docimentation for transaction attributes
in the "Creating a transaction parameter buffer" section of the "Embedded
SQL Guide".

I am stumped first by the repitition of the explanation of the isc_tpb_wait
and isc_tpb_nowait attributes as both a lock resolution set of attributes
and a conflict resolution set of attributes. Is each of theses sections just
repeating the same thing as the other erroneously or is there some
difference between lock resolution and conflict resolution, and if so what
is that difference ?

Re:Transaction lock resolution and conflict resolution

The guide is the "API Guide" not the "Embedded SQL Guide".

"Edward Diener" <eddie...@tropicsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am trying my best to decipher the docimentation for transaction
attributes
> in the "Creating a transaction parameter buffer" section of the "Embedded
> SQL Guide".

> I am stumped first by the repitition of the explanation of the
isc_tpb_wait
> and isc_tpb_nowait attributes as both a lock resolution set of attributes
> and a conflict resolution set of attributes. Is each of theses sections
just
> repeating the same thing as the other erroneously or is there some
> difference between lock resolution and conflict resolution, and if so what
> is that difference ?

Re:Transaction lock resolution and conflict resolution

Lock resolution and conflict resolution are the same thing since
conflicts are indicated by the presence of locks. The wait/nowait
option determines what transaction A does when it tries to lock a
record that is already locked by transaction B. Wait says wait until B
ends. Nowait says return an error immediately.

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:15:09 -0500, "Edward Diener"

--
Bill (TeamB)