How to convert level 5 paradox table to level 7, please

I need to convert an existing level 5 Paradox table to level 7
programatically. The
complication is that the table uses an autoincrementing key field and that
consecutive records do not use consecutive values in the autoincrementing
field (records have
been deleted over time).

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Mike Noordermeer

Re:How to convert level 5 paradox table to level 7, please

Mike

I achieved this by adding a temporary secondary index, saving the structure
change and then removing the index. You could probably do this using the BDE
API calls. There are some articles on Borland's web site for this.

Simon

Mike Noordermeer <m...@microactive.com.au> wrote in message

> I need to convert an existing level 5 Paradox table to level 7
> programatically. The
> complication is that the table uses an autoincrementing key field and that
> consecutive records do not use consecutive values in the autoincrementing
> field (records have
> been deleted over time).

> Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

> Mike Noordermeer

Re:How to convert level 5 paradox table to level 7, please

There is a utility with source that will do this at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html .

--
Bill

Other Threads